- PREMIUM QUALITY: Arkwright Cheesecloth is made from natural food grade cotton. Made of 100% cotton, this bleached muslin fabric is durable, washable and reusable. Grade 40 (24x20 threads per square inch) is considered the finest weave and highest quality cheesecloth fabric with its extra strength and durable construction.
- MULTI-PURPOSE CHEESECLOTH: Cheesecloth for food preparation like cheese making is the most popular application. Grade 40 cheesecloth has also become popular for arts and crafts, home decor, holiday and event decorations, and in technical lab facilities for wiping delicate machinery safely.
- CHEESECLOTH FOR CHEESE MAKING: It is ideal for straining stocks as well as canning. Use it for basting or stuffing poultry. It is also useful when making soft cheeses or smoked meats that need a mesh wrap. Arkwright cheesecloth is perfect for cooking, roasting, draining, straining, sieving, fermenting foods, cooking with herbs, steeping tea, etc.
- DURABLE AND REUSABLE: This strong 100% natural cotton fabric can be washed and used again, which saves money and is sustainable. Grade 40 cheesecloth is a standout product for its durability and extensive lifespan when cared for properly.
- WASHABLE: Machine wash or hand wash in the sink. Avoid detergents and fabric softeners. Use only mild detergent if needed and rinse thoroughly to remove any soap residue. In food prep situations, if there are bits of curd or food particles sticking to the cloth, rinse with whey or white vinegar to help remove it. Shake out cloth and hang it to dry.
Arkwright and The Sloppy Chef® brand presents grade 40 cheesecloth, made from natural food grade cotton — a bleached muslin fabric that is absorbent, durable, washable and reusable. Ideal for making cheeses including hung curd and cottage cheese. Grade 40 bleached cheesecloth is 4 yards long, 3’ x12’ (36 square feet). Grade 40 is woven with 24x20 threads per square inch which is considered the finest weave and highest quality cheesecloth fabric with its extra strength and durable construction.